Staff Solution Engineer
- Ponca City, OK
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Are you looking to become a member of a talented team and help shape future of business in a digital world? If so, we would love to hear from you! VMware is a dynamic and innovative company and a great place to work. We currently have the opportunity within our pre-sales organization for an Senior Enterprise Solution Engineer based in Singapore.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Solution Engineer is responsible for the overall customer journey, influencing technology and innovation decisions to accelerate business outcomes. The Solution Engineer takes a consultative approach fostering deep customer relationships and long-term strategies. In close partnership with the Regional Account Manager, the Solution Engineer inspires the vision and orchestrates the execution of extended team resources to drive results. Through all stages of the customer journey, the Solution Engineer maintains oversight: generating initial demand, creating a transformation strategy, validating complex solutions, demonstrating a tangible business case, and measuring value realization to the customer.
- Inspired Leadership: Act as an inspired leader for a large extended team of virtual resources with the ability to ensure consistent and effective team engagement with optimal usage of resources along with the ability to introduce new ideas and methods to both the customer and within VMware
- Account Management: Co-leads account management and strategy with the Global Account manager developing the long-term strategy and transformational journey with consultative selling approach
- Business Cases/Value Selling: Builds business cases including ROI and TCO analysis to quantify value realization of the solution
- Customer Intimacy: Maintains access and influence with key business and technical stakeholders
- Operational Command: Maintains operational command of the business through demand generation and solution validation; coordinates campaign execution across sales, products, services and support teams to accelerate the sales cycle
- Persuading/Influencing: Become a trusted advisor to the customer's executives, senior management and technical decision makers with the ability to articulate market trends and the value of VMware solutions to develop new business opportunities
- Communication: Deliberate and effective communications both within VMW (team, BU's, exec)
- Pre-sales or customer facing experience with strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in positioning/selling Professional Services as part of Solution Selling.
- Ability to comprehend and stay current in the latest VMware technologies.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding, being able to gracefully handle objections
- Dedication to quality work, attention to detail and sense of urgency and ownership of work deliverables
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges.
- The ability to coordinate various specialist and other extended resources to ensure that the Solution Design is fit for purpose and meets all of the technology needs of the business.
- A balanced infrastructure and software engineering background
- Degree, Master/Bachelor in Information Systems, Computer Sciences or advanced industry certification in Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Applications desirable and/or strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years Specialist or related IT experience with validated customer experience in senior management or C-level client engagement.
- Working knowledge of varying vendor, partner and distribution support and value models.
- A good knowledge, and first-hand experience, of the software development life cycle. Particularly a modern SDLC which includes Agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps.
- A good knowledge of how IT Infrastructure and platforms operate and how they support business outcomes.
- First-hand experience in leading or helping to lead digital transformation engagement.
- Strong technical hands-on experience focus on Cloud Solutions such as VMware vRealize, AWS, Azure or IBM Cloud would be a definite advantage.
- Enterprise architecture practice and TOGAF certification.
- VCAP Certification or higher; other certifications such as CCIE, CISSP are also preferred.
- Strong listening and question based selling skills with the ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
- Self-driven and must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong self-starter with a consistent track record of accomplishment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top