Staff Software Engineer, Policy Management Plane – VMware Cloud (VMC) (Architect (IC Dev) -Java\\OOP & Design \\Data Modelling\\Spring\\Networking, Overlay\\RestAPI 12+ Years Exp)
- Bangalore, India
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware is changing IT by moving infrastructure from hardware to distributed systems software. Think of it as "Software Eats Infrastructure" and when we're done, the world will never be the same.
What is Vmware's Flagship NSX product?
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services - logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security. A self-service interface allows users to create custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver unique requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics.
You've read the headlines - VMware Cloud on AWS & VMware Cloud on Dell-EMC are fast growing & transforming the industry in the rapidly changing public and private cloud environments. VMC Networking Services team is an exciting team within the Networking & Security Business Unit (NSBU). We are building a group of policy management plane team to enable & provide the next generation networking functionalities. This is where you come in. We are seeking an experienced Java development engineer to build these networking functionalities & services for NSX Product that is a foundational element of VMware Cloud Platform.
What You'll Do
- You will drive the architecture of the next generation Networking Policy Management Layer and guide a small team of engineers.
- You will design & develop networking functionalities in Java for the VMware Cloud on AWS and Dell-EMC platforms.
- You will collaborate with project team members and multi-functional product teams to execute product goals.
- You will drive the architecture, design, implementation and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent.
MS with 10+ years or BS with 12+ years of relevant work experience in product development organizations
- Solid background in Object Oriented Programming & Design, and Data Modeling
- Excellent coding skills in Java & deep understanding of Java Spring application framework.
- Solid understanding of Networking, Overlay and Virtualization Technologies.
- Experience in design and implementation of service interface and public (REST) APIs
- Must have previously participated in multiple major product development cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building cloud management SaaS services is a PLUS.
- Experience with Public Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure) is a PLUS.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top