Exciting opportunity for a Staff Software Engineer on our Blockchain Engineering team.
You will be workingatVMware'sBlockchainEngineering team tomakeVMware Blockchain the leadingEnterprise Blockchainplatform.
At VMware, we are building Enterprise Blockchainsolutions usinginnovative technology, enterprisegradequality, andcutting-edge softwareapproaches.
We are targeted to have over 3 $Trillion of financial instruments on our platform in the next 2 years.
You will be part of a talented team from across the world including industry experts.
Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Contribute to key pieces of the blockchaincore platform, including but not limitedto the consensus layer, distributed ledger, storage, and smart contracts layer. This could include dealing with the data layer, security layer, or distributed network layer
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability , and stability of blockchain core product
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems. Work with a global team in different geographical locations
- 10+years of industry-level software development experience
- Proven experience driving system/software architecture and designfor complex systems
- Research, prototype, and implement complex architectures in distributed systems:
- Performance, scale, software layering, maintainability, and future flexibility
- Demonstratedexpertiseinthe distributed systemsdesign and architecture of
- Software engineering development experience, in large scaled distributed systems with enterprise-grade capability
- Database and Large-scale Storage Systems
- Big Data Processing Systems
- Operating Systems
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Cryptography and security
- Strong experience in C++ is a must
- Experience withBlockchain technol ogies
Who you are:
- Self Starter - Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years experience in an equivalent role
- Bachelors/ Masters in Computer Science and equivalent experience
This position is eligible for JoinOCTO referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.