Staff Product Designer (Remote)
- Woodland, CA
VMware is looking for an experienced product designer to join the VMware Design organization focusing on the Telco and Edge Cloud Business Unit. The transition to 5G and edge computing creates new opportunities to lead in the cloud economy. As a designer, you will be responsible for designing the experience for next-generation applications and services to address the needs of the Telco customers and partners. You will be part of a highly collaborative group of creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation. You will collaborate with cross-functional product teams across the globe, to create services and applications for solving challenging problems around Telco Cloud and Edge portfolio. You must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners, and internal teams in both small and large group settings.
- Closely collaborate with the product management and engineering teams as well as other designers to help define product goals, requirements and represent user's point of view throughout the product planning process.
- Conceptualize and define a design strategy that supports customer needs and business goals. Provide detailed end-end workflows and user flows illustrating the solution.
- Closely collaborate with a geographically spread design team to co-design while ensuring consistency across the suite of products and services.
- Advocate user needs throughout the development lifecycle in an agile/iterative environment to ensure problem-solution fit.
- Verify and improve on designs through reviews, validations and formal usability testing with end users.
- Design the workflows, wireframes, prototypes, sketches, and final delivery mockups, to illustrate design solutions.
- Become a subject matter expert with the ability to understand the latest architecture, technology, solution, market trends, as well as competitive offerings related to Telco Cloud and Edge portfolio.
- Expert skills defining and analyzing user flows and workflows.
- Expert skills in interaction design with a grasp of UCD process.
- Story telling - ability to tell simple user stories illustrating solutions.
- Strong leader and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Agile, adaptable, and capable of delivering new products and features.
- Possess a very high level of comfort in working with developers in the presentation layer (for example, HTML, CSS).
- Experience in working with tools such as Figma, Sketch, OmniGraffle and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with user research is a plus.
- Good aesthetic sense will be helpful.
- Strong prototyping skills desired.
- Online portfolio.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, HCI or related field from reputed design institutes.
- 8+ years of experience in user experience and interaction design for complex web applications or services.
- Strong background in user-centered design principles across desktop, mobile, and web platforms.
- Proven track record for designing large-scale web-based applications.
- Experience with designing SaaS services is a plus.
We welcome applications from US based candidates to work remotely.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top