Staff Product Designer
- Pune, India
vRealize Network Insight (formerly Arkin, acquired by VMware) is transforming security and network operations for the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). It is removing the barriers to SDDC adoption by providing converged visibility, and contextual analytics across virtual and physical, an ability to implement next generation security models such as micro-segmentation, and by ensuring application uptime, while letting IT collaborate better. The platform helps IT organizations plan, operate, visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their complex software-defined data center environments.
As this award-winning product is building 'one of its kind' user experience in enterprise space, we are looking for passionate people with startup mindset who want to change the status quo. If you want the energy of a startup with all the perks of a public company, you should consider this opportunity.
- Empathy for the user and passion for elegant user interface and design
- Creativity, innovation and problem solving
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Care for quality - in product, in design, in life
- Ability to gather and analyze user requirements
- Story telling - ability to tell simple user stories illustrating solutions.
- Expertise in Interaction design with a strong understanding of User-centered Design process
- Able to create low and high-fidelity mockups to present concepts and finished designs
- Proficient in using Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and other professional design and prototyping tools
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Possess a very high level of comfort in working closely with Product Managers and Developers
- Good aesthetic sense and attention to details
- Online portfolio with samples from prior work
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with data visualization skills is a plus
- Strong prototyping skills is a plus
Roles & Responsibilities in details:
- Create innovative, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings.
- Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flows for the web
- Present designs with the help of wireframes and detailed visual mockups
- Collaborate with the Engineers and Product Managers and able to quickly iterate on the feedback
- Practice user-centered design by participating in user research and incorporating data, customer feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Collaborate with other UX designers to evolve existing patterns for new initiatives
- Help evolve the design practice
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top