Staff Observability Engineer, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You'll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you'll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You'll Do:
- Management of AWS infrastructure components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, tagging schemes, etc.
- Deployment and management automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software
- Working with configuration management tools in both Windows and Linux - Cloudformation, Terraform, Salt, Ansible, Chef
- Develop tools to enable teams for greater output and reliability.
- Design, implement, and run the systems that provide visibility into how our infrastructure and the various services are performing in production
- Solve problems across the entire stack - operating system (Linux), software, application, and network
- Provide guidance to other engineers on how they can best utilize our observability systems
- Collaborate with other teams on improving our observability systems
- Stay in tune with emerging observability tools, trends and methodologies, and continuously enhance our existing systems and processes
What You'll Bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with systems engineering and software development
- Expert understanding/experience of containerization services such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Expert in open source tools such as Sensu, InfluxDB, Grafana, Logstash, Elasticsearch
- Solid understanding/experience of web services, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Solid understanding of backup/restore best practices
- Strong level of expertise programming in C# / C++ / Java / Python or equivalent language
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
Bonus Points For:
- Security Experience
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
This position is eligible for CarbonBlackSofia referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top