Staff/ Lead Software Engineer, Cloud Subscription
- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware Cloud Provider Program enables partners to consume VMware products on a pay-as-you-go, pay-as-you-grow subscription model. Usage Meter and Usage Insight facilitate the subscription model by metering, aggregating and reporting of the usage of VMware products to billing, commerce, compliance and telemetry system.
We are currently looking for a Staff Software Engineer to lead fellow engineers and drive the architecture of next evolutions of Usage Meter and Usage Insight.
Our longer-term plans include transforming Usage Meter into a metering cloud platform and SDK allowing partners to integrate their metering into an integrated invoice.
Our team consists of full-stack developers with sense of quality and good design. We share equally the load of operating and maintaining our code.
Do you like working in a team? Do you strive to learn and achieve more? Are you creative? Do you give back to your community? If so, then you share our values and we would love to have you in our team.
- Develop and maintain quality software products and services in collaboration with a global extended team
- Analyze requirements provided by the Product Owner in the form of user stories, market and competition analysis
- Specify how the software functions, design features, components and classes
- Write code following coding standards, review the code of your fellow engineers
- Write and triage unit, integration and system tests
- Deploy, operate and debug highly-available services in Kubernetes
- Deploy, operate and debug big-data processing jobs in Apache Spark
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficiency in Java or another statically-typed object-oriented language
- Proficiency in Python or another scripting language
- Proficiency in developing and consuming web services
- Proficiency in using relational and NoSQL databases
- Excellent knowledge of concurrent programming
- Deep understanding of networking and network protocols like TCP/IP, TLS, HTTP, FTP and PXE
- Practical knowledge in general computer science: data structures and algorithms
- Deep understanding of operating systems concepts: processes, memory management, file systems
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Experience in Linux administration, deploying and operating containers with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Apache Spark or Hadoop MapReduce
- Experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, participating in sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospective and demos
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Experience in git or another source control system
- Experience in Maven, Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience in deploying applications on VMware vSphere and public clouds
- Experience in Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other Configuration Management and Orchestration systems
- Sun Certified Java Programmer, SpringSource Certified Spring Professional, VMware Certified Professional, Certified ScrumMaster
- We offer you an attractive compensation package: competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and long-term incentives
- You can navigate your career by choosing between management and technical career tracks, have a customized learning and development program, have your performance assessed regularly, work with some of the best engineers in the industry
- We provide healthy work environment with a company sponsored medical program, food and beverages, sport activities, and open communication
- For better work-life balance you can enjoy 25 days paid vacation, 5 days dedicated to giving back and learning to serve, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware standards for integrity you will need to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top