Staff I Test Engineer (Test Architect) - VMC on AWS
- Palo Alto, CA
We are seeking a highly technical and customer-focused developer to own product development and functional testing within the vSphere team. The team is responsible for delivering the VMware's award winning vCenter platforms. As we continue to grow, our group is focused on developing the foundational shared services on which all VMware Suites will be built. We are a dynamic highly-technical and growing team, so we are looking for someone who is willing to pitch in with the rest of the team to do whatever tasks are required to deliver a high quality product that meets our customer's needs. This Dev Ops model Engineer will own executing and growing existing automated API-level enhancement and tests that validate the functionality of our platform services.
Who you are:
• You are passionate about delivering quality software and are driven by improving the customer experience.
• You enjoy working with a fast-moving and highly technical group of engineers who will help you reach your fullest potential
• You are driven to understand how the software is implemented in order to find the high-impact bugs that slip by others
• You have extensive experience with writing robust/reliable automated tests that can stand the test of time.
• You love technology and thrive under the high standards required when creating a platform others build upon
• Work closely with engineers to understand product changes and prioritize testing accordingly
• Write and execute automated feature and regression tests for current releases
• Grow the test set based on reported bugs and gap analysis
• Open and verify/close bugs
• Ensure our software meets feature, stability, performance and backward compatibility requirements.
• 8+ years as a Development or Test Engineer using Java or C++, Exp with REST, Python, JJB (Jenkin Job Builder)
• Experience testing large scale networking and distributed systems
• Ability to multitask and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional desired experience:
• In-depth understanding of identity and directory services
• Using our toolsets: TestNG and Java for API level testing, Bugzilla for bug tracking, Jenkins for continuous integrations
• Using both Linux and Windows operating systems
• Using VMware vCenter
• Agile and JIRA usage
• Docker container
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top