Staff ESXi OS Services Engineer
- United States
ESXi Userspace OS team is part of the ESXi operating system team in Cloud Platforms Business Unit. This team is responsible for all user-space aspects of the ESXi operating system. This includes various operating systems services, distributed control plane, container runtime and application infrastructure including language runtimes.This team provides the foundation for VM and host management and Virtual Center (VC) control plane.
We are seeking a hands-on Staff software Engineer who is interested in working in an operating systems engineering team, and delivering various distributed system services, and other user space aspects of ESXi.This candidate is expected to work with various teams in ESXi and VC to lead, design and deliver new features, targeted for distributed control plane, container runtime and new virtualization workloads. An ideal candidate would be one who thrives in an extremely fast paced development environment, and likes tackling complex technical challenges.
Skills and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or similar fields - MS preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience for MS and 10+ for BS.
- History of leading System software projects/teams.
- Experience delivering complex operating system functionality.
- Experience architecting distributed software solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of operating system concepts and x86 architecture
- Experience with low-level / kernel-level code development
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, databases, algorithms, data structures.
- Experience with one or more hypervisors
- Experience in Kubernetes configuration and low-level components of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of container runtimes
- Experience with one or more cloud platform architectures
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top