Staff Engineer (Wireless Stream Processing)
- Palo Alto, CA
The Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit is looking for talented software developers who have familiarity with LTE, 5G mobile standards. The candidate would be designing and developing a real-time stream processing platform enabling Network AI applications. Our real-time stream processing engine ingests fine-grained subscriber-level wireless network telemetry from a variety of data sources, including the radio access network and core network and then collates, processes the telemetry to determine the network state for various granularities (per subscriber, per cell). This network state is then utilized by the Network AI applications for anomaly detection, root cause analysis in order to optimize user experience.
The team is composed of bright, talented technologists who are exploring and expanding the next generation of mobile technology. This team manages our global compute infrastructure, architects the real-time data-processing software, and builds the distributed software platform.
Job Role and Responsibility
You will be responsible for the business logic of processing network telemetry as well as the overall architecture and scalability of the software system. In addition to hands-on implementation work, you will:
- Architect, collaborate, and build a carrier-grade, scalable software platform
- Work with large volumes of data - design scalable software solutions for data ingestion, parsing and analytics in real time (millions of events per second).
- Work with wireless scientists to understand and implement the appropriate collation/processing of the network telemetry.
- Collaborate with data scientists to understand requirements and build an efficient stream processing system that enables advanced AI based analytics
- Architect and develop efficient solutions for storing and consuming large volumes of data
Develop cloud-based distributed software solutions
- MS or PhD or equivalent in EE, CS or related field, with 8+ years of experience in software architecture, design and development
- 3+ years of experience as feature/component lead of complex features/components
- Experience and interest in Distributed Systems, Big Data, Real-Time Streaming/Processing.
Experience with big data tools - Kafka, Spark, Flink, Hadoop etc.
- Experience writing Java applications in a stream processing framework such as Spark, Heron, Flink
- Agile Software Development expertise.
- Cassandra, InfluxDB, SQL/NoSQL knowledge.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
Highly motivated team player
- Experience with working in fast-paced environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
Good to have
- Exposure to LTE, 5G mobile standards and an understanding of the signaling involved.
Exposure to Golang
- Exposure to data/ML engineering
Back to top