Staff Engineer (Wireless Stream Processing)
- Palo Alto, CA
The Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit islooking for talented software developerswho have familiarity withLTE, 5G mobile standards. The candidatewould bedesigning and developing a real-time stream processing platform enabling Network AI applications. Ourreal-time stream processingengine ingests fine-grained subscriber-level wireless network telemetry from a variety of data sources, including the radio access network and core network and thencollates,processes the telemetry todetermine the network state for various granularities(per subscriber, per cell). This network state is then utilized by the Network AI applications for anomaly detection, root cause analysis in ordertooptimize user experience.
The team is composed of bright, talented technologists who are exploring and expanding thenext generationof mobile technology. This team manages our global compute infrastructure, architects the real-time data-processing software, and builds the distributed software platform.
Job Role and Responsibility
You will be responsible for thebusiness logicof processingnetworktelemetry as well as theoverall architecture and scalability of the software system. In addition to hands-on implementation work, youwill:
- Architect, collaborate, and build a carrier-grade, scalable software platform
- Work with large volumes of data - design scalable software solutions for data ingestion, parsing and analyticsin real time (millions of events per second).
- Work with wireless scientists to understandand implementthe appropriatecollation/processing of the networktelemetry.
- Collaborate with data scientists to understand requirements and build an efficient stream processing system that enables advanced AI based analytics
- Architect and develop efficient solutions for storing and consuming large volumes of data
- Develop cloud-based distributed software solutions
- MS or PhD or equivalent in EE, CS or related field, with 8+ years of experience in software architecture, design and development
- 3+ years of experience as feature/component lead of complex features/components
- Experience with wireless systems/LTE or 5G mobile standards
- Experience and interestinDistributed Systems, Big Data, Real-Time Streaming/Processing.
- Experience with big data tools - Kafka, Spark, Flink, Hadoop etc.
- Experience writing Java applications in a stream processing framework such as Spark, Heron, Flink
- Agile Software Development expertise.
- Cassandra,InfluxDB, SQL/NoSQL knowledge.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Highly motivated team player
- Experience with working in fast-paced environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
Good to have
- Exposure to Golang
- Exposure to data/ML engineering
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top