Staff Engineer, VMC NSX Networking SaaS
You've read the headlines - VMware Cloud on AWS is fast growing & transforming the industry in the rapidly changing public and private cloud environments. VMC Networking Services team is an exciting team with the Networking & Security Business Unit (NSBU). We are building a group of networking micro-services in the VMC SaaS platform to enable & provide the next generation networking functionalities. This is where you come in. We are seeking an experienced Java development engineer to build these networking functionalities & services for our VMC-on-AWS SaaS platform. These networking functionalities include incorporating both AWS underlay & NSX overlay capabilities.
What You'll Do
- You will drive the architecture of the next generation networking micro-services.
- You will design & develop networking functionalities in Java for the VMC-on-AWS SaaS platform.
- You will collaborate with project team members and multi-functional product teams to execute product goals.
- You will drive the design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent field.
- Solid background in Object Oriented Programming & Design, and data modeling
- Excellent coding skills in Java & deep understanding of Java Spring application framework.
- Good understanding of Docker containers, K8s clusters/pods.
- Good understanding of Networking technologies & principles
- 8+ years of experience in developing distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications, APIs.
- Experience in design and implementation of service interface and public APIs
- Must have previously participated in multiple major product development cycles.
- Good working knowledge of building micro-services for a SaaS platform.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building cloud management SaaS services is a PLUS.
- Experience in AWS technologies is a PLUS.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top