Staff Engineer - Tools Development (Java, Full Stack)
- Bangalore, India
You are an ideal candidate if
- You have proven expertise in full-stack development (Web UI, REST APIs Back-end, DB modeling, CI/CD and Deploy automation)
- You are comfortable working with other engineers to enhance the scalability/Perf tools platform as a service while innovating ways to improve usability, reliability, modulearity and analytics in the platform.
- You will perform duties involving the full SDLC stack, starting from gathering and analyzing of requirements, development to delivery of the software.
- You will be involved in the day to day operations of the service performing duties like monitoring, sustaining, troubleshooting and patching of the whole infrastructure.
You¹ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
- 8+ Years of industry experience
- Full stack development experience (Web UX/UI, REST APIs Backend, DB modeling, CI/CD and Deploy automation)
- Development Stack Requirements: Angular, Clarity UI, Django, DRF, Celery
- Programming skills with Java, Python, Java/TypeScript, HTML/CSS, SQL (Postgress)
- Proven capability of architecting / understanding complex software solutions
- Ability to design and develop high reliability, fault tolerant solutions
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development and Unit Testing.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and SDLC stack.
- Experience with deployment and monitoring tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master's in computer science or related field
- Exposure some of these technologies: Ansible, HAProxy or other Load Balancer, Redis Sentinel, Nginx, Gunicorn, Supervisord
- Familiar with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or FoundationDB
- Experience with VMware APIs a plus (especially vSphere experience developing highly interactive applications)
- Experience with cloud platforms - VMware, AWS, Azure.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top