Staff Engineer (Telco Cloud Architecture)
- Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for talented software developers in the Telco & Edge Cloud business unit who want to work on designing and developing a real-time stream processing platform enabling Network AI applications. Our Network AI engine ingests fine-grained subscriber-level wireless network telemetry from a variety of data sources, including the radio access network and core network and then processes the telemetry to optimize user experience. The team is composed of bright, talented technologists who are exploring and expanding the next-generation of mobile technology. This team manages our global compute infrastructure, architects the real-time data-processing software, and builds the distributed software platform.
Job Role and Responsibility
You will be responsible for the overall architecture and scalability of the software system, in addition to hands-on implementation work. In particular you will:
- Architect, collaborate, and build a carrier-grade, scalable software platform
- Work with large volumes of data - design scalable software solutions for data ingestion, parsing and analytics
- Develop cloud-based distributed software solutions
- Collaborate with data scientists to understand requirements and build an efficient stream processing system that enables advanced AI based analytics
- Architect and develop efficient solutions for storing and consuming large volumes of data
Requirements Must have
- MS or PhD or equivalent in EE, CS or related field, with 8+ years of experience in software architecture, design and development
- 3+ years of experience as feature/component lead of complex features/components
- Interest in all things distributed in Cloud: Distributed Systems, Big Data, Real-Time Streaming/Processing experience.
- Experience with big data tools - Kafka, Spark, Flink, Hadoop etc.
- Golang, Java, Python experience.
- Agile Software Development expertise.
- Cassandra, InfluxDB, SQL/NoSQL knowledge.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Highly motivated team player
- Experience with working in fast-paced environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
Good to have
- Experience writing Java applications in a stream processing framework such as Spark, Heron, Flink
- Experience with LTE/5G mobile systems
- Exposure to data/ML engineering
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top