Staff Engineer - Systems (Linux) Engineer, VMware SD-WAN Team
VeloCloud by Vmware is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud-Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
VMware acquired VeloCloud, the market leader in cloud-delivered SD-WAN. By acquiring VeloCloud, VMware will build on the success of the industry's leading network virtualization platform - VMware NSX - and expand the company's networking portfolio to address end-to-end automation, application continuity, branch transformation and security from the data center to edge.
Velocloud and You
Do you love to make new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and stimulating environment? We are looking for a bright, innovative self-starter to work closely and learn from a team of thought leaders and rock star engineers. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and honest environment as we do to building our products.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud.
You will help design and develop system software in Python and C for our SD-WAN platform.
- Work with Linux, KVM, VMware ESXi and implement management and infrastructure solutions for NFV and VNFs.
- Build and maintain a Linux OS distribution that serves as the OS platform for our SD-WAN solution.
- You will collaborate in our distributed systems design discussions.
- Build up unit and integration tests along with product features.
- Work with customers to debug and resolve issues.
- Ensure project clarity with all partners and team members.
A solid foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, Linux OS concepts and software design
- Extremely proficient with Linux and Linux systems knowledge, system libraries, and system and network configuration and debugging.
- Experience in systems programming, distributed systems, inter-process communication.
- Familiarity with the Linux driver model.
- Strong experience with C or Python programming.
- Lots of hands on programming and clean design skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to craft simple solutions to complex problems.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top