Staff Engineer - SASE - VeloCloud SD-WAN (Dataplane)
- Palo Alto, CA
Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) is a transformational approach to simplify branch office networking and assure optimal application performance. Software-Defined WAN has its roots in Software-Defined Networking (SDN), the underlying principle of which is to abstract the network hardware and transport characteristics from the applications that use the network. Our technology enables you to support application growth, network agility and simplified branch implementations while delivering secure optimized access to cloud datacenters and applications.
SD-WAN is evolving from simplified cloud management, assured performance WAN Infrastructure to a Client to Cloud to Container story with intrinsic security. It is no longer an "edge-to-edge technology". Itis expanding to go deeper into the branch or home orfranklyanywhere;from individual clients, to the cloud, and all the way to the application container, wherever it sits, in the public or private cloud.
As a senior member of the technical team working in VeloCloud R&D, you have the opportunity to drive the intrinsic security charter of the next-generation VeloCloud SD-WAN product - including building out our next-gen POP architecture to deliver intrinsic ZTNA/SASE/SWG/NGFW services. From the beginning, VeloCloud'suniquearchitecturehas provided Cloud Gateways with a global footprint thatservesas an on-ramp to SaaS and a network of other cloud services. This global footprint of Cloud Gateways will be enhanced to support additional integrations and services running within the POP.
For thethird year in a row,VeloCloud by VMware has been named a Leaderin the2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure! Amongst multiple vendors, VMware emerged again as a Leader, positioned furthest inCompleteness of Visionand highest inAbility to Execute.Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware - a market leader in the SD-WAN space.See our bloghere.
- Architect and implement the next-gen POP Architecture of the VeloCloud product to deliver additional intrinsic security services(SASE) running within the POP.Architect for the future, with performance and scale designed in from the onset
- Influence the road map of the product, with keen interest in industry ongoings and customer needs
- Deliver major functionality smoothly, on time with excellent quality
- Demonstrate urgency in taking care of customer concerns, internal and external
- Understand the big picture, such as the importance of proper architecture, unit testing, automation
- A solid foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, Linux OS concepts and scalable and modular software design
- In-depth knowledge of High Performance Data-plane Architecture, Routing/Networking protocols, Security Protocols, Firewalls, WAN optimization and QoS fundamentals is desired
- Skilled programmer in C, C++ with emphasis on multi-threaded programming
- Prior experience in scripting (Python, shell scripting, etc) is desirable
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top