Staff Engineer- SaaS Cloud Platform
- Ra'anana, Israel
CSP Data Platform Tech Lead
The CSP R&D group charter is to provide VMware's cloud services the cloud foundations and the ability to consume and develop services running on the public cloud whilst providing a large set of out-of-the-box capabilities.
This is an exciting area to work in with multiple domain expertise and a fast-paced work culture.
We are looking for experienced Tech Lead with strong architecture and design skills to join our CSP Data Platform team. If you have experience building end-to-end back-end data infrastructure (ingestion, modeling, processing) that uses scale-out architectures to deal with large amounts of data, we would love to have you in our team! You will be designing and developing CSP Data Platform with the most appropriate technologies to suit existing and to-be-discovered customer use-cases. A real passion for building great software systems is a key skill in this position.
- As a member of the CSP R&D Data Platform team, you will be responsible to build a complex data solutions, highly available, distributed, cloud-based, and maintains its high level of quality.
- You will take an active part in all development phases, including research, design, development, testing, CI/CD using frontline and best technologies including Java 11, Spring, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Impala, AWS and more.
- You will be expected to take an initiative approach to improve code, tools, and process. Be open minded to walk in a different path and to deliver quickly whilst maintaining high quality.
- Members of the team usually work closely with other VMware R&D teams, to leverage knowledge and work done and often to be a role model for other teams regarding processes and activities.
- As a Tech Lead, you will be expected to think out of the box, educate and nurture junior members and contribute to CSP architecture and standards
- Great team player with an excellent interpersonal skills who is passionate about technology, have a strong interest in learning the latest technologies.
- At least 6 years' experience in Java/Python
- B.Sc. Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent knowledge
- At least 3 years' experience as senior developer.
- Proven experience in leading position.
- Experience with SaaS products development.
- Experience in working with AWS, microservices, Dockers, Kubernetes - advantage
- Experience with data technologies - advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top