Staff Engineer - QE
- Palo Alto, CA
For the second year, VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® leads the WAN Edge Infrastructure market, continuing to be placed furthest in Completeness of Vision and highest in Ability to Execute. VeloCloud, now part of VMware is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud-Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
Do you love to make new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? Then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
- As a lead member of the team, you will develop and improve the overall test strategies and quality of team's deliverables.
- You will be responsible to design and replicate customer topologies in house, testing, customer issues recreations that involves complex networking concepts, virtualization etc.
- You will be responsible for complex test methodologies and deliverables that include system, scale (solution) testing.
- Bring in strong solution testing plan and improve product quality in each release by reducing Customer found issues.
- Contribute to Solution test automation
- You will work with various partners like PM, Development team to develop, review release targets and test plans.
- MS in Engineering, Science, Technology, Computer Science or bachelor's 8+ years of work experience
- 6-8 years of solid networking products testing experience including test planning, conducting successful PoC.
- 2-3 years of proven experience in system, solution scale and performance testing.
- Excellent skills on L2-L7 (Ethernet, VLAN, Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, Multicast) Networking protocols and debugging.
- Hands on experience on Cloud infrastructure (vSphere, KVM, OpenStack, AWS etc) based large scale testbed deployments
- Hands on experience test automation using Python, TCL, Shell Scripting (atleast one language proficiency)
- Hands on experience on enterprise (Spirent, IXIA), open source network traffic generation / debugging tools (iperf, hping, tcpdump, iptables, netem etc)
- Understand complicated cloud and data center infrastructure, deployments.
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top