Staff Engineer - Project Pacific/vCenter
- Palo Alto, CA
Who are we?
We are the team behind vSphere with Kubernetes (a.k.a. Project Pacific), which was released in March. VMware's vCenter Server is the flagship management platform for Cloud services and the Software Defined Datacenter. Our charter is to make vSphere the infrastructure of choice for modern applications.
What will you do?
- You'll lead the architecture and delivery of solutions that support cloud native applications on vSphere
- You'll work with cross functional teams to make our infrastructure platform easier, faster and more productive for application developers
- You'll work with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- You'll mentor engineers on the team and foster a culture of collaboration and problem solving
- As a senior Engineer, you'll use your passion and drive to influence improvements across our teams
What we're looking for:
The following are attributes we see in successful candidates, but they are not "requirements." You are strongly encouraged to apply even if you don't tick all the boxes because we want to hear from you and learn about what you can bring to the role:
- Hands on experience with Container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience in scalable distributed systems in Go, C++, or Java
- Proven knowledge of operating systems
- Understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage, and networking
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills with ability to work independently
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical fields and 8+ years of related experience in the software industry
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top