Staff Engineer - Monitor Group
- Boston, MA
Monitor Group is part of our Core Platform Group which is responsible for our Core Virtualization Infrastructure.
We are looking for talented and highly motivated individuals to join the world-class virtual machine monitor group, which is responsible for the CPU virtualization technology in VMware products and delivers enterprise quality software.
You will have the opportunity to work with bleeding edge CPU technology, VT-x/AMD-V, interrupt virtualization, memory virtualization/management, and virtualization of other forms of compute technologies and accelerators. This work requires you to possess a deep understanding of processor architecture and low-level OS kernel internals, including memory management, resource management, and interrupt architecture.
You will work independently and as a member of a team to design and deliver features in support of new processors. You have the opportunity to become a domain expert and lead large feature efforts while mentoring others.
What you bring:
· Systems-level software engineer with a passion for working at the low level
· Excellent hands-on implementer with strong C programming skills in a Linux/Windows environment
· Strong software engineering background shipping product
· Excellent knowledge of OS kernel internals
· Strong background in computer architecture
· MSCS or PhD preferred, with 9+ years of industry experience or equivalent research experience
· Development experience working on low-level, performance-critical software
· Prior development experience with dynamic/binary translation or compilers
· Strong knowledge of x86 assembly/architecture
· Exposure to VMs (Java or x86)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top