Staff Engineer - JAVA,Cloud
- Bengaluru, India
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware End-User Computing runs the world's largest Digital Workspace Platform- Workspace ONE. With over 60,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
Our team builds, deploys and operates the AWS-based cloud service known as Workspace ONE Intelligence. Our goal is to transform the way customers interact with the digital workspace. We are passionate about rapidly developing high quality software and applying automation and software engineering best practices to everything we do. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA.
We work with the latest AWS technologies and open source components. Our technology stack includes 15+ dockerized JAVA/Spring-based microservices and many AWS services including Lambda, Kinesis, Aurora, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Glue, and EMR/Spark.
Review the Workspace ONE Intelligence Series or Workspace ONE Intelligence Lightboard on YouTube to learn more about the platform we develop. You can also find information at https://www.vmware.com/products/workspace-one/intelligence.html.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
- As part of the team, you will be providing technical leadership by driving the design and development of major architecture components.
- You will be owning engineering initiatives and champion a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence.
- You will coach, manage and mentor team of engineers.
- You will have to be a subject matter expert with very deep expertise in at least one domain
- You will have to perform analysis and design and implement one or more difficult projects, having significant latitude in performing technical work
- You will have to establish a reputation of leadership within a team and demonstrates influence within their area of expertise
- You will have to collaboratively work across other teams
- You will design software, assist with technology selection, actively remove obstacles, lead engineering programs, and write code (50%+) JAVA
- You will implement and improve processes around DevOps, Agile, and CI/CD
- You will develop applications using micro-services and other cloud design patterns
- You care and have strong, well-thought-out opinions on RESTful API design, including API versioning, backwards compatibility, authentication and rate limiting
- You will build high-performing and close-knit teams
You will be joining the Workspace ONE Intelligence team. The global team is spread throughout VMware offices including Palo Alto, Atlanta, Sofia and Bangalore.
The team culture is based on continuous improvement and as a member of the team, you'll have the opportunity to work with experienced, passionate, and fun-loving software engineers.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top