Are you passionate about hands on design and development of backend and scalable services?
Are you inspired by innovation? It's this combination of gusto and analytical skills we need. If you have experience in driving a project/product to completion & further supporting it in production for multiple releases, then you are invited to apply.
VMware Cloud on AWS (aka VMC) is the flagship hybrid cloud solution offered by VMware and is fast growing and transforming the industry. Connectivity and security are the two most innovative and exciting aspects of any hybrid cloud solution. VMC Networking Services team is an exciting team within the Networking & Security Business Unit (NSBU) and they deliver Connectivity and Security for VMC using NSX. We are building a group of SaaS micro- services
in the VMC Cloud platform to enable & provide the next generation connectivity and security functionalities .We are seeking an experienced engineer to architect these functionalities and services for our VMC cloud platform. You will design and implement scalable micro services, collaborate with multi-functional teams and drive the extension of these services to other adjacent VMC offerings.
• Solid background in Object Oriented Programming & Design, and data modeling
• Excellent coding skills in Java & deep understanding of Java Spring application framework.
• Good understanding of Docker containers, K8s clusters/pods.
• Excellent understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture, and SaaS based scalable platforms.
• Top-notch analytical and problem solving skills.
• Details and results oriented with bias for action. We move fast.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree with 12+ years of industry experience [OR] Masters in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years of industry experience.
• 6+ years of designing, building, and maintaining functionality for highly scalable SaaS applications or infrastructure product development in an agile environment. Must be able to demonstrate significant contributions to past projects.
• Working knowledge of multi-cloud environment - AWS, GCP and Azure.
• Working knowledge of various Networking technologies.
• Working knowledge of GO
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.