Staff Engineer - Java Dev with Microservices (9+ Yrs)
- Bangalore, India
We're changing the face of IT by making it possible to construct an entire Software-Defined Data Center with the click of a button, erasing the barriers between on-premise and elastic cloud resources. This change has the industry rethinking how to build and scale critical apps. We're gathering forward-thinkers to help accelerate this transformation.
VMware Cloud engineers develop products that focus on standing up SaaS stack from grounds up to offer customers creative infrastructure services in the cloud e.g. AWS, GCP. We are a growing team and are looking for strong engineering talent to help us build a next-generation services platform. For this role, you should have a proven software development background with experience in the successful delivery of high-quality software as a service (SaaS). You should be highly technical, detail-oriented with a focus on implementation excellence and experience in leading junior members of the team.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- As part of a team of engineers, design, develop, maintain, and operate a scalable service control plane, and dependent components including a highly-available persistence layer and messaging bus.
- Engage with and drive high-visibility DevOps process including continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Collaborate with multi-functional VMware project teams including VMware consultants, engineers, product management, and support staff.
- Understand overall virtualization platform architecture and design best of class solutions that fit the product.
- Extensive experience running high scale SaaS services as a DevOps.
- Knowledge of modern software development tools and methodologies, with emphasis on high-availability services at scale.
- Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands.
- BE/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent degree is required
- Extensive experience developing complex projects in JAVA
- 12+ years of designing, building, and maintaining functionality for highly scalable SaaS applications or infrastructure product development in an agile environment
- Broad experience architecting, managing, implementing, and evolving end-to-end service delivery pipelines of a variety of web-scale applications.
- Running high scale Kubernetes cluster in production.
- Comfortable talking about low-level memory architectures as high-level industry trends.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top