Staff Engineer (Full Stack Developer)
- Pune, India
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
We're looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join one of our Carbon Black Cloud Development teams to build solutions that will help us deliver an industry leading security product to our customers. Join a talented team of developers using a wide variety of latest cloud technologies to solve big problems while partnering with threat researchers who are on the bleeding edge of malware analysis. You'll build solutions that our customers are clamouring for, that will help our customers prevent the next front page security breach.
What You'll Do
- Lead Initiatives to deliver major product features in a highly scalable environment using AWS and big data technologies.
- Proactively move the technology base to use the latest tools and frameworks for best performance, considering costs and scale.
- Work primarily on the backend with an opportunity for full stack work.
- Review and guide development of services, collaborating with engineers to ensure that backend and frontend are designed holistically, integrate smoothly, and provide superior user experience.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Improve performance and customer experience of existing production code.
What You'll Bring
- Expertise in building a high-performance, highly distributed, scalable, and reliable system to process and store terabytes of data.
- 10+ years of commercial software development with Full Stack experience
- 4+ years building high performing/data intensive applications running in the cloud.
- 2+ years of experience working with React and Redux.
- Improving performance, scalability, and reliability of systems
- C#/Java & Python
- React/ Redux
- Scaling enterprise applications in the cloud
- Agile Software Development
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top