- Beijing, China
Staff Engineer - Inner Source, OCTO China
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community.
VMware's Office of the CTO (OCTO) is responsible for leading research and development across VMware in order to build upon our 20 year history of innovation and disruption. The group has dual goals of ensuring VMware's technical future as well as advancing the state of the field; focusing on both internal impact on the Company and external impact on the R&D community.
OCTO operates an Inner Source Program which helps to promote the inner source practice within VMware to increase reusability and quality of the code, shorten projects' time to market and drive innovation through collaboration between teams. We are seeking an experienced architect with a strong development background, who will design and ensure engineering best practice for inner source projects.
- Ensure consistency and engineering best practice across all the projects.
- Analyze, design and implement necessary toolchains for inner source.
- Resolve technical issues on inner source and DevOps processes.
- Provide technical advice and support to inner source projects.
- Work with program manager to evangelize and promote inner source program.
- Lead advanced solution program in VMware Innovation Network.
- BS or above in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6-10+ years of industry work experience and hands-on development.
- Significant experience working with at least one modern language such as Golang, Python, and Java.
- Leading and/or architecting experience on software development projects.
- Familiar with development processes and tooling for team collaboration.
- Experience in cloud native technologies such as containers and Kubernetes.
- Experience in inner source practice, or participating in open source community or contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills and capability of cooperating with remote peers.
Nice to have:
- Experience in advanced technology areas such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud computing, cloud native applications, edge computing is a plus.
- Experience in building and designing solutions based on VMware and advanced technology products is a plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top