Staff Engineer - Cloud Native Storage
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware Hyperconverged Infrastructure Business Unit is seeking an engineer to build Cloud Native Storage solutions. We are taking our strength and leadership in compute and virtualization and extending it from a VM-centric focus to managing app-centric, containerized workloads using Kubernetes, Docker, and other emerging container technologies.
Customers want to take advantage of container technology for running stateful, data intensive applications such as databases and modern cloud native applications. One of the significant barriers is the lack of out-of-the box persistent storage solution in the container ecosystem since it requires building a robust, elastic, and programmable storage infrastructure with same level of security, data integrity, high availability, and storage services that are expected in a modern IT infrastructure. Our team's mission is to establish vSphere & vSAN as the best platform to deploy and manage stateful cloud native applications.
- 5+ years of experience in building large scale distributed system
- Good understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage, and networking
- Experience in delivering SaaS solutions and Cloud based services
- Solid Linux background
- Proficient in C++, Go or Python programming languages
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field with 5+ year industrial working experience
- Experience with virtualization and application virtualization technologies in a data center environment
- 2+ years of experience contributing to open source projects, contributions to Kubernetes is preferred
- Hands on experience with container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Storage domain knowledge
- Experience in agile software development techniques, test driven development and innovative SDLC methodologies
- PhD or Master degree in Computer Science from a reputable university
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top