- Palo Alto, CA
As a Staff Engineer working in NSX R&D, you have the opportunity to drive solutions and results for the next generation Firewall and Security products. Staff Engineers are flag-bearers of quality and engineering excellence. They lead by example and hold themselves and others to a high bar when it comes to engineering culture, design, code quality and smooth predictable execution. They have significant influence on our technical and product direction and system architecture. They are hands on and are ready and eager to implement some or all of their design. They mentor other engineers on the team.
You will build the next generation of networking firewall and analytic product using your expertise in distributed systems, operating systems, networking and software technologies to tackle challenging customer use cases and delight them in the process. You will be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will also collaborate with multi-functional teams on creative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a dynamic and technically driven environment.
We would like to talk to you if love building robust, highly performant and scalable systems. As a seasoned software engineer, you are able to work in a self-starter mode, curious and have an ability to find solutions on your own. We're looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including distributed systems, operating systems, large-scale system design, networking and security. We hire engineers who can tackle hard problems in new areas and help define new markets.
- Architect and implement the next generation of firewall and security product working in virtualized platforms including SmartNICs.
- Architect for the future, with performance and scale designed in from the outset.
- Influence the road map of the product, with keen interest in industry ongoings and customer needs
- Deliver major functionality smoothly, on time with excellent quality
- Demonstrate urgency in taking care of customer concerns, internal and external
- Understand the big picture, such as the importance of proper architecture, unit testing, automation
- Intense eagerness to learn, ready to deep dive into complex issues no matter whose area they may reside in.
- Curious, resourceful and driven, with great problem solving skills
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and leadership skills. Team will want to seek out technical advice and will want to work with this individual.
- Relevant industry experience in networking and security software development.
- Deep knowledge of data structures, operating system constructs and kernel is a must.
- Deep knowledge of the network drivers, network stacks is a must.
- Skilled programmer in C, C++. Familiarity with other languages is a plus.
- Experience in network security and information security is desirable.
- Experience with virtualization platforms is desirable.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top