Staff Engineer - C++ and System architecture - #JoinESXi
- Bengaluru, India
vCenter is the most highly penetrated infrastructure control application. When you work on this platform, you don't impact just a few customers; you impact the entire industry. As we evolve from managing hypervisors and servers to being the infrastructure for the only real commercial Software Defined Data Center, and now THE infrastructure of the cloud, our team is growing. We need to evolve the platform from being focused only virtual machines and small data centers to running in the cloud (VMware on AWS), on premises, and supporting modern cloud-native workloads. You will get to work with the best minds in the industry and will get the pleasure of seeing your code used by a hundreds of thousands customers!
We are looking for people with strong systems skills, distributed systems skills, database skills willing to take on a new set of challenges in an exciting and supportive environment. Learn more:
Our product blog: https://goo.gl/st42ab
Our product details: https://www.vmware.com/products/vcenter-server.html
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a senior member of the Cloud Compute Management Platform team, you'll be responsible for the design, architecture, and development of high quality, well-architected software products with specific focus on clustering, distributed systems, availability, scalability and elasticity. You'll lead a team and make crucial technical road map decisions. You'll interact with senior architects, product managers, solution architects and sometimes with partners and customers to discuss and collaborate on strategies for improving features and to come-up with the future set products.
You understand the competition, market space, and technological trends. You demonstrate critical thinking and strong leadership skills.
- Design and develop features that takes vCenter Server to the future
- Evangelize test-driven development and owning code quality
- Perform code reviews and enforce coding guidelines
- Interact with PMs, UI/UX to provide the best experience for our customers
- Respond to customer issues
- Support your features on the cloud
- Improve and maintain CI pipelines for your components
- Mentor junior team members
- Innovate, find and solve problem, break status quo and inspire
- 11+ years of hands on experience in developing highly scalable and available application infrastructure
- You have a reputation as a proven software engineer with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, and software design
- Strong object-oriented skills with C/C++/Go
- Understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage and networking is highly desirable
- Experience with systems programming & programming in Linux environment
- You communicate clearly and write well and can explain just about anything to anyone, and you're competent in communicating in writing and on the phone
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in distributed systems
- Good exposure in building and maintaining CI pipelines
- You are a great team player and passionate problem solver
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and establish relationships
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or similar
- MS or PhD in CS, CE or equivalent
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top