- Beijing, China
Staff I Engineer - Kubernetes on Edge, OCTO
VMware's Office of the CTO (OCTO) is responsible for leading research and development across VMware in order to build upon our 20 year history of innovation and disruption. The group has dual goals of ensuring VMware's technical future as well as advancing the state of the field; focusing on both internal impact on the Company and external impact on the R&D community.
VMware OCTO is committed to multiple layer, open source and vendor neutral edge computing architecture with modern technical platforms for edge native applications. We are seeking an experienced software engineer with a strong development background, who will design and implement critical components for Kubernetes on edge computing.
- Responsible for architecture, design, implementation, testing and troubleshooting key features, components or frameworks of Kubernetes on edge computing;
- Participate and influence code reviews, design reviews for robust and scalable products;
- Mentor engineers on design and coding best practices;
- Work with Kubernetes, edge computing communities and relative business units to translate requirements into design and functional specs;
- Effectively communicate with many types of audiences, facilitate collaboration and communication to ensure all perspectives are heard and considered.
Required qualification & experience:
- 5+ years hands-on experience of software development in Go/Java/C++;
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and relative projects on edge computing, like KubeEdge, K3S, Virtual Kubelet etc.
- Good knowledge on Linux operating systems, esp. Linux Container, networking and security;
- Familiarity with open source project life cycle management tool chains like Git, Jenkins, Gerrit;
- Passion for innovations from application platform solutions; passion for delighting developer experiences;
- Good communication skills in English and Chinese;
- Experience of code contribution to Kubernetes and relative communities is a big plus;
- Good knowledge on edge computing and Internet of Things is a big plus;
- Knowledge/experience of various VMware products is a big plus.
- BS+ or equivalent in CS/EE or adjacent areas.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top