- Palo Alto, CA
VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS enables customers to consume the full range of vSphere-based infrastructure products and a broad portfolio of tightly integrated VMware SaaS services, managed through a unified control plane and common infrastructure. We are on a journey to create a common infrastructure to manage VMware's core SDDC products for VMC on AWS, extend to VMC on Dell EMC, VMware Partner cloud, and other SDDC solutions.
We are looking for creative and experienced engineers to build our cloud platform. Our vision is to expand our well-established data center management capabilities in the cloud. If you have a real passion for building cloud-aware systems that are highly instrumented, scaleable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in. We are looking for engineers with high levels of ownership. If you don't shy away from hard problems, and enjoy delivering value while furthering your technical vision, this position is for you!
- You would join our team in delivering enterprise-class SaaS offering on top of VMware core virtualization products such as ESX and vCenter.
- You would be involved in all phases of the service development lifecycle including DevOps, based on an agile development methodology.
- You would lead a broad aspect of design, test, deployment, and SaaS operations.
- MS CS or equivalent required.
- 8 years or more of industry software development experience with enterprise software and/or cloud systems at scale.
- Strong skills in any modern C-based language required. Java experience is highly desirable.
- Strong background in distributed systems, cloud applications, services.
- Experience operating in an autonomous team, provided with latitude in making technical and design decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills.
- Excellence and innovation
- Straightforwardness and open communication
- A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
- Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers and ourselves
- A passion for what we do and the value we deliver
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top