- Palo Alto, CA
VMware NSX is revolutionizing networking and security for next generation data centers. VMware is the pioneer of the Software Defined Data Center and is investing in the development of next generation security technologies that take advantage of the virtualization layer for improved security of both desktops and servers.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our Infrastructure Software team. You will build the next generation of networking applications using your expertise in distributed systems, operating systems, networking, software technologies and open source tools to solve challenging customer use cases and delight them in the process. You will be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will also collaborate with cross-functional teams on innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your skills in a dynamic and technically driven environment.
We are interested in engineers who love building robust and scalable systems. We're looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including distributed systems, operating systems, large-scale system design and testing, networking and security. We hire engineers who can pursue hard problems in new areas and help define new markets.
- Write distributed systems software in Java/C++ to manage and enable robust, scalable, high-volume applications.
- Build distributed, resilient, scalable and highly available infrastructure / Clustering software.
- Review design, code, test plans and results analysis.
- Serve as a technical lead in distributed data store team.
- BS in Computer Science/related technical field. (Preferred) MS/PhD in Computer Science.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- 7+ years experience building software solutions in fast paced engineering environment using Java or C++
- Experience in Riak, MongoDB, Couchbase and NoSQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux and development of distributed systems, clustering, database replication and high availability.
- Knowledge of virtualization, networking and security constructs and open source software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top