- Palo Alto, CA
Our Business Unit
VMware's Cloud vision is to provide a multi-cloud, multi-device world for its customers and partners with utmost flexibility. Service providers (SPs) are VMware vested customers who demonstrate VMware's vision and strategy for cross-cloud business offerings for their own customers (tenants), giving them differentiated value over private clouds. Our business unit's, Cloud Provider Software BU (CPSBU), mission is to develop leading-edge technology products and services along with the VMware ecosystem that empowers SPs to deliver heterogeneous clouds and services of tomorrow.
Our team is responsible for the Containers strategy for Cloud Service Providers. There are growing demands from the market to Service Providers for a highly available containers platform to develop, deploy, and manage cloud native applications. We are building out a passionate vision of Kubernetes Container Clouds that is attractive to SPs while also respecting the tenancy boundaries of compute, storage, and network infrastructure for all users. In your role in this endeavor, you will leverage fast-paced Kubernetes SaaS technologies, cloud architecture design principles, developer mindsets to influence and design our technical strategy. You will build partnerships with the broader Kubernetes ecosystem at VMware and with open-source community to stay abreast. You will solve meaningful technical problems in the Kubernetes Cloud space to land modern application workloads on SPs clouds. You will join an existing team of passionate engineers and drive the system designs. You will actively participate in the agile software development cycles to deliver complete projects with accountability.
- Influence the road map of the product, with keen interest in Kubernetes, Containers, SaaS
- Be a passionate technologist with a growth mindset and innovate creative solutions
- Architect, design, implement SaaS for Cloud alongside test automation pipelines
- Deliver highly reliable, scalable, maintainable code, while working closely with the team
- Mentor junior engineers on SaaS development and delivery
- Demonstrate urgency and integrity towards customer concerns
- Driven, Creative, and Perseverant.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent hands-on programming expertise in Java or C++ with a lens towards design patterns
- 12+ years of software development experience
- Proven track record developing and managing distributed large-scale systems
- Experience developing applications or services for a public cloud
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Containers, Microservices architecture
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Ability to be a full stack engineer, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Go Language, is a plus.
- Knowledge of VMware products, is a plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top