Staff Engineer 2 - vCenter
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware's vCenter Hybridity team is seeking an exceptional software engineer to participate in the design and implementation of the next generation Hybrid Cloud architecture.
As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to contribute in leading the design, architecture and implementation of high quality, well-architected software products with specific focus on hybrid cloud, distributed systems, scalability, elasticity and SLA guarantees. In this role you are expected to interact with Senior Architects, Product Managers, User Experience, Solution Architects and sometimes with Partners and customers to discuss and collaborate strategies for enhancing features and to come up with the next generation products. Critical thinking and strong leadership skills is a must as the candidate will be involved in leading a team and making crucial roadmap decisions.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to deliver feature roadmap items on schedule.
- Lead sprint planning and daily scrum meetings.
- Collaborate in large-scale distributed systems design discussions.
- Design and develop software in Java and Python.
- Employ test driven development practices as part of the development process.
- Ensure project clarity with all stakeholders and team members.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience developing client-server and distributed applications
- Excellent command of Java and related technologies in the areas of web services, build, and test
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices and employment thereof is a plus
- A solid foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, and software design
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage and networking is highly desirable
- Proficiency in developing for Linux environments
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, self-motivated individual
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top