Staff Engineer 2- Java & SAAS
- Bangalore, India
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs. VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 19,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop innovative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts today, and it starts with you. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
"This R&D team is part of CMBU and is one of the most versatile team working on vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager(vRSLCM) platform. We work on Product Development from scratch (all layers, UI, middle layer and backend), perform customer oriented R&D, new innovations, PoCs, Patents, Ideas, new Tools, Customer Support, Customer Success Programs etc......Out technology stack includes Java, JEE, Spring, .net, React JS, AWS, Azure, Postgres, Containers, Kubernetes etc. Support both On-prim and SaaS offerings. We actively participate in Hackathons, RADIO and other innovation events throughout the year spanning from IoT, Cloud to Machine Learning"
The Engineer(Sr. Architect) in the R&D Org team will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise and drive Cloud Automation products to a next generation cloud management initiative. In addition to technical architecture & design, the Engineer will collaborate with distributed cross-functional teams - Engineering, GSS, Professional Services, RM, QA and Product Management to distill customer needs into workable tasks. The Engineer would work on developing algorithms, building distributed applications, APIs, fault-tolerant computing and use virtualization as a key technology to design and implement applications that solve real-world problems. He would work on developing scalable software capable of automatic provisioning of infrastructure (IaaS) in a datacenter. The candidate will be part of the innovative team of engineers with strong technical background and will be working in highly challenging and state of the art technologies.
- Innovate, Research & Evaluate new technologies and tools for a quality output.
- Code and implement new algorithms to solve complex problems.
- Drive architectural & design discussions and code reviews.
- Triage, Analyze and Fix customer issues with quick turnaround time.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud Management industry directions and trends
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional distributed teams Core Engineering, GSS, QA and Product Management in all phases - Requirements, Development, Testing, Launch/Release and continue refinement of VMware Cloud Management related technologies
- Document best practices and learnings in developing and deploying product solutions
- Work in an Agile development environment while continuously evaluate and improve engineering processes
- Should have technology independent mindset and juggle priorities as needed.
- BTech/MTech Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 12-20 years of experience with significant depth around designing and programming enterprise class products.
- Min 1+ year experience on SaaS enterprise products with Container management experience (Kubernetes/SWARM etc)
- Min 2+ years of experience in developing enterprise-class management software
- Min 4+ years on developing Micro-services or RestFull Web Services
- Strong background in object-oriented design and programming
- Min 2+ years of strong coding experience in core JAVA or any OOPS language
- Min 2+ years of strong experience in J2EE stack (Spring Core, JSP/Servlets/MVC frameworks-Struts/Spring)
- Min 2+ years' experience in J2EE Application Severs - JBoss/Tomcat or similar
- Min 2+ years' experience in working with Databases - SQL Server, Postgres, writing SQL, Stored Procedures
- Should be a team player and able to drive new innovations/PoCs for the team
- Exposure to Cloud computing, workflow domain and VMware technologies is a big plus
- Experience in Kubernetes or Equivalent technology
- Good understanding of SDLC, Agile methodologies, experience of working in product development companies
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top