Staff Engineer 2
- Bangalore, India
VMware is the leading player in on-premises infrastructure. VMware's Cloud Strategy and the Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU) is focused on enabling a Multi-Cloud, Multi-Device World where seamless delivery of cloud services to end customers across a global network of homogeneous clouds and heterogeneous endpoints is a reality.
With VMC on AWS we have delivered, SDDC to the cloud, now we want to deliver innovative cloud service to on-premises infrastructure that leverages our on-premises footprint. With the integration and the focus of Kubernetes with vSphere, we can build an IaaS layer which developers and partners can use to deliver value-added services to the multi-cloud. As part of that effort, we will need to create a new distributed control plane, leveraging and extending open-source technologies that will be used to manage Multiple VCs.
vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA) India team is seeking a passionate, strong Lead Engineer to participate in the design and implementation of the next generation vCenter product portfolio which will expand vSphere/VC to MaaS for other public clouds like GCP. With the integration and the focus of Kubernetes with vSphere, we can build an IaaS layer which developers and partners can use to deliver value-added services to the multi-cloud. As part of that effort, we will need to create a new distributed control plane, leveraging and extending open-source technologies that will be used to manage Multiple VCs.
As an architect of the team, you will be expected to design, architecture, build cloud solutions with highly talented team. You are expected to interact with Senior Architects, Product Managers, Solution Architects and occasionally, with Partners and customers to discuss and collaborate strategies for enhancing features and to come up with the next-generation products. Critical thinking and strong leadership skills are a must as the candidate will be involved in leading a team and making crucial road map decisions.
· Lead a team of talented engineers to deliver feature roadmap items on schedule with high quality.
· Collaborate in large-scale distributed systems design discussions.
· Employ test-driven development practices as part of the development process.
· Ensure project clarity with all stakeholders and team members.
- Minimum of 14+ years of engineering experience with a strong track record of successful development and delivery of complex, enterprise-class software that resulted in material market impact.
- Recent experiences in development, operations, troubleshooting, and/or managing cloud services
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP is a must
- Proven critical thinking and advanced analytical skills and qualities
- Strong consulting soft skills and tactful conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and oral communication are required
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Able to balance multiple tasks and projects effectively and quickly adapt to new situations
- Systems design and architecture experience
- Ability to drive initiatives across locations and drive major architectural decisions.
- Passion to build large scalable systems
Design and Architecting large complex distributed systems
- Technical undergraduate Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering degree required and an advanced degree would be highly desirable
- Deep knowledge of data structures and programming
- Ability to think of various Algorithms, given a problem
- Strong development experience at least 2 of these in C++/JAVA/PYTHON/GOLANG
- Strong experience in Linux systems
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- How to work on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment setup
Good to have:
- In-depth subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: databases, multi-threaded multi-core systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top