Staff Engineer - 2
- Palo Alto, CA
Position SummaryYou will be working in VMware Cloud Provider™ Hub, a centralized portal for VMware partners to purchase, provision, and manage VMware Service offerings. The VMware Cloud Provider Hub enables end-to-end customer lifecycle management, which is a foundation for delivering managed services, and expansion of partners' managed services portfolio with VMware Service offerings.Primary Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for the team that will focus on building our SaaS platform. Responsible for architecture, design, code and extensibility of one or more products.
- Work with product managers to translate roadmap into functional specs, and designs.
- Produce high quality, well-documented code. Participate and influence code reviews, design reviews for robust and scalable products, must work across engineering teams and architects.
- Mentor junior engineers on design, good coding practices.
- Minimum of 10+ years of enterprise software and/or cloud services (SaaS) development experience.
- Deep technical skills across both proprietary and open-source, and a good breadth across many technologies. Knowledge spanning multiple platforms and architectures with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques. Expertise with heterogeneous, enterprise, distributed, object-oriented client/server and/or web-based systems design and implementation.
- Very strong development experience in Cloud Services, SaaS environments, distributed systems.
- Should have done extensive hands-on work in scalability, high availability and resolved problems in this domain
- Very strong experience in languages like (Java, Go, Python) & development eco-system, deployment(Docker/Kubernetes) and CI/CD (Jenkins, gitlab-pipelines).
- Ability to design modules, subsystems and effectively communicate the design to team members and beyond.
- Should be comfortable and capable of working in a dynamic, startup-like environment (agile development).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top