Staff DevSecOps Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Are you passionate about developing cloud services on AWS? Do you want to be a part of the exploding Edge and IoT market? Want to get in a ground level to develop VMware's edge computing solution. Our team is looking for a talented, passionate engineer to join the team.
With the advent of IOT, edge computing is emerging as new frontier to blend the physical and virtual world, and enable new ways of solving problems, and deliver new experiences not available before. As industry shifts from centralized intelligence to distributed edge intelligence, edge computing presents great opportunities for growth and innovation. As the leader of private, public and hybrid cloud, VMware is extending its offering to the edges, and bringing benefits of cloud to the edge. In addition to managing edge environments, we are extending to managing on-prem customer data-centers.
This solution will involve developing a highly scalable SaaS service, an easy to use on-prem hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) with industry-leading software defined networking solution, NSX and also include our SD-WAN solution, Velocloud.
As a member of our team, you will play a key role in security and compliance for the product throughout the software development lifecycle. This role touches all areas of the product and the infrastructure that supports it. From infrastructure security in AWS to security architecture for production systems to ensuring internal tooling is managed securely, the DevSecOps role is important to the continued security of the product.
For more information, see this blog - https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2019/04/announcing-vmware-cloud-on-dell-emc.html
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Java based development projects with software development
- Solid background in security aspects of Cloud SaaS solutions, driving the design and implementation of those in the product.
- Prior experience with compliance certification and ongoing support of it.
- Strong algorithmic and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of one or more of the key areas of the solution like Distributed Computing, Networking, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, SaaS, Microservices, or DevOps
- Experience in developing services on AWS - IAM, VPC, S3, EC2, RDS
- Experience with Docker
- Excellent written communication
Proficiency in modern software architecture using CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-Code, containers, and other DevOps techniques.
- Development experience using RESTful APIs, horizontal scalability, micro services, high availability principles.
- Experience working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with CI tools like GitLab CI and Jenkins
Experience supporting compliance and working with auditors (e.g. ISO27001, SOC2)
- Experience in automating, orchestrating and running large scale IaaS systems are a plus.
- Proficiency and experience with VMware Products, like VMware Cloud on AWS, vSphere, vSAN, NSX is a plus
Back to top