Staff Consulting Architect - Telco
- Newark, NJ
Role - Telco Staff Consulting Architect
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
As a Staff Consulting Architect, you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers' business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of our largest enterprise and global projects. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the consulting team you lead and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing delivery, Staff Consulting Architects also provide key input to pre-sales on complex multi-discipline bids and drive best practices.
VMware PSO is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions
*** This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of projects, lead technical project teams and take accountability for all project deliverables.
- Strategically plan with sales, pre-sales and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
- Vision new services and requirements and be a trusted advisor to technical decision makers and key project stakeholders on your projects.
- Define and present a transformational journey to senior project stakeholders.
- Work with project manager on project budget, resource planning and all aspects of efficient delivery.
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for "Best Practices" and driving adoption of VMware Telco solutions.
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance.
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area.
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices.
- Must enjoy and thrive working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team.
- Establish and lead multi discipline teams to achieve customer objectives
- Define, document, and build use cases across multiple technologies
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services architect or consultant.
- Excellent documentation and technical writing skills.
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to communicate complex technical topics to a technical and non-technical audience.
- An active listener with excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with an ability to utilize different styles of questioning techniques and manage conflict to achieve a resolution.
Telco Specific Requirements
- Demonstrated experience with 5G Service Based Architecture
- Platform orchestration with Telco 5G
- Ability to design, build, document complex Telco 5G platforms
- Experience with CNF/VNF from multiple NF providers (e.g. Nokia, Eriksson, Oracle, Mavenir, Amdocs)
- Demonstrated knowledge of ORAN and ORAN implementations
- Experience with 4G/5G Operational aspects, related to deployment, configuration, and day 1 and day 2 operations
- CI/CD experience focusing on CNF
- Experience with Open Sources related to Telco, OPNFV, ONAP, TOSCA, and Helm Charts
- 5-10 years senior technical/architectural experience in a Telco environment
- Container platform management with Kubernetes
Certification and Education
- Bachelor's degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent industry experience
- 5-10 years Telco industry experience at a senior architect level
- VMWare VCP NSX-T, vSphere
Nice to have Certifications in the following areas
- Nokia 5G Core Certification (Nokia program) - Architecture/Deployment
- Cloud Native Computing or Kubernetes Administration/Developer Certification (CNCF/CKA)
- Public Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) - DevOps/Administration
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let's shape the future of what's next together.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top