Staff Consulting Architect
- Bangalore, India
The Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWWC), which are part of the global VMware Professional Services Organization, are committed to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The WWCC streamlines the journey for customers to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and employees. Under the new VMware Success360 offering, the WWCC delivers high volume, short duration accelerator engagements, which include the onboarding, adoption, consumption, and optimization of the VMware product franchises (multi-cloud, virtual cloud networking, digital workspace, security, and modern applications), that ensure customers rapidly reach their goals by providing expert help every step of the way.
As a Staff Consulting Architect, you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers' business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of our largest enterprise and global projects. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the engagements that you lead and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware product franchises and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing responsibilities, Staff Consulting Architects also provide key input to service offering evaluation, customer success initiative, pre-sales and drive best practices in the form of white paper creation.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest VMware product franchise technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
Work for VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure & digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation for evolving IT environments.
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of Success360 engagements, lead cross functional technical project teams
- Strategically plan with customer success, professional service business unit, pre-sales, support and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
- Vision new services and requirements and be a trusted advisor to technical decision makers and key project stakeholders on your projects.
- Define and present a transformational journey to senior project stakeholders.
- Work with project manager on project budget, resource planning and all aspects of efficient delivery.
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for "Best Practices" and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product portfolio and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the virtual cloud networking franchise product lines, which include NSX, advance load balancer, vRNI, HCX and SDWAN.
- Assist in the development of our service offerings as well as developing accelerator content, best practices, and white papers.
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Understand and articulate the impact of network virtualization and security to a customer's physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
- Plan and lead virtualized network infrastructure accelerator engagements, implementations, roll-outs and migrations, including hands-on implementation of NSX.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
- Preferably candidate should have 12+ years of professional experience.
- 10+ years of experience in customer-facing positions as a consultant, preferably within a system integrator, consulting organization or IT provider.
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- An active listener with excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to read complex customer situations and adapt as needed.
Certification and Education
- Preferably Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Recommended VCAP-VCDX, MCSE, CCIE certification
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in delivering engagements under PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Understanding of ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let's shape the future of what's next together.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top