Staff 2 Software Engineer , VMware Cloud on AWS
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Within VMware's Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU), this R&D team is responsible for developing platform and services needed for operating Software defined data center (SDDC) hosted on AWS cloud and other industry-leading cloud platforms. VMware Cloud on AWS is an on-demand service that enables you to run applications across vSphere based cloud environments with access to a broad range of AWS services. Powered by VMware Cloud Foundation, this service integrates vSphere, vSAN and NSX along with VMware vCenter management, and is optimized to run on dedicated, elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure. With this service, IT teams can manage their cloud-based resources with familiar VMware tools. For more information: https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws
You would join our team in delivering enterprise-class SaaS offering on top of VMware core virtualization products such as ESX and vCenter
You would be involved in all phases of the service development lifecycle, based on an agile development methodology
You would lead a broad aspect of design, deployment, and SaaS operations
You would work in an environment where innovation is fostered and encouraged.
- Expert level knowledge of JAVA and OOP
- Top-notch analytical and great problem solver
- Ability to work effectively in a complex development environment
- Details and results oriented with bias for action. We move fast.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree is required, MS or PhD preferred
- 7+ years of designing, building, and maintaining functionality for highly scalable SaaS applications or infrastructure product development in an agile environment. Must be able to demonstrate significant contributions to past projects.
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework, Web Services, XML/JSON and SQL
- Knowledge of vSphere software stack is a plus
- Experience creating Docker containers
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Our main development technologies:
- Java, Python, Spring Framework, Maven
- Tomcat, RESTful services, XML/JSON
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top