Staff 2 Engineer - VeloCloud SD-WAN (Dataplane)
Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) is a transformational approach to simplify branch office networking and assure optimal application performance. Software-Defined WAN has its roots in Software-Defined Networking (SDN), the underlying principle of which is to abstract the network hardware and transport characteristics from the applications that use the network.
VeloCloud, now part of VMware, is a SD-WAN market leader. Our technology enables you to support application growth, network agility and simplified branch implementations while delivering optimized access to cloud datacenters and applications.
Learn Fast, trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
Our products and teams are growing fast, and most of your work will be driving new features using some of the most current frameworks and libraries, working with High Performance Control Plane and Data Plane pipelined architecture, L2/L3 Networking protocols, Routing Protocol integration (OSPF, BGP, Multicast), Security concepts (IKE, IPSeC, PKI), WAN optimization techniques and QoS fundamentals. The exact area of the product that you work on will depend on your skills and interests.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Understanding the key requirements for the Control and Data Plane features of the VeloCloud SD-WAN product, architecting a solution and delivering a working prototype and the final product
- Influence the road map of the product, with keen interest in industry on goings and customer needs
- Deliver major functionality smoothly, on time with excellent quality
- Demonstrate urgency in taking care of customer concerns, internal and external
- Understand the big picture, such as the importance of proper architecture, unit testing, automation
- A solid foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, and software design
- Knowledge of high-performance control and data plane pipelined architecture is desired
- Knowledge of L2/L3 networking protocols, static/dynamic routing protocols, network security concepts, WAN optimization techniques and QoS fundamentals is a plus
- Skilled programmer in C, with emphasis on multi-threaded programming.
- Prior experience in scripting (Python, shell scripting, etc) is desirable.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top