Sr/MTS, Release Engineering(Downstream,Go, Python, Kubernetes)
- Bangalore, India
Job Description - Sr.MTS, Release Engineering - Tanzu Kubernetes Grid
The Elevator Pitch: Why would you enjoy this new opportunity?
Enterprises are running mission critical software in more places than ever before -- in their datacenter, hybrid cloud, public cloud, and at the edge.In order to catalyze Enterprise transformation throughsoftware, VMware envisions a world where Kubernetesis as available as a utility - like electricity - customers need to deploy a consistent Kubernetes grid across all their operational environments. TanzuKubernetes Grid (TKG) provides Enterprise organizations with a consistent, upstream compatible, Kubernetes substrate across SDDC, Public Cloud, and Edge environments that is ready for end-user workloads and ecosystem integrations. TKG builds on trusted open source and community projects and delivers an engineered and supported Kubernetes platform for end users and partners.
What is theprimary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
You will be a part of the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Core team, working as a release engineer with a focus on developing and shipping our product faster. As such, this role requires equal parts technical and interpersonal skills. We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineer who has proven experience with Continuous Integration systems, automation testing framework. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months, you will work toward completing?
As a release engineer, you will be expected to:
- Successfully deliver both TKG Core and TKG releases working together with other release engineers and developers.
- 100% automate build process and integration testing.
On a regular basis,
- You'll spend most of your time understanding how the various components of our product fit together with particular attention to manage the build & release process for TKG.
- You'll also spend a decent amount of time to develop tools and systems for automating builds and integration testing.
- Triage and debug build issues and work with developers to ensure timely resolution.
- Implement best practices for building, testing, and releasing software.
- Identify useful new technologies that can improve efficiency and reliability and incorporating them into the CI & build release workflows
- Work in a distributed team across multiple geographical locations.
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Sudheesh Sudhakaran, Director of Engineering. Sudheesh recently joined VMware with the mission to setup the TKG engineering team in India. He spent more than 12 years with VMware in various engineering roles prior to becoming the Head of Engineering and India MD for OVHcloud last 3 years.
TKG India team will work closely with the global TKG Core release engineering, Test Infrastructure and Dev productivity team.
Sudheesh will work with you to set the direction, provide guidance, and remove impediments. He will expect you to be autonomous, innovative, and passionate to achieve the team's mission.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top