Sr Technical Program Manager
- Bangalore, India
VMware's R&D Operations and Central Services team ensure our customers enjoy a high-quality experience across the entire product portfolio. Our goal is to protect the company's brand reputation by continually improving customer satisfaction. We bring together key R&D functions such as performance, security, and program management, which frees up R&D business units to focus on product innovation. Our priorities include driving scale and agility in VMware products and processes.
Are you interested in expanding your people and R&D skills and experience in ways few jobs can? Join our Program Management team, and help deliver game-changing solutions across business units and product lines. You are an experienced Sr Technical Program Manager whose primary responsibility is to oversee the planning and execution of VMware solutions throughout the entire lifecycle, from requirement gathering, and driving development efforts with R&D teams through subsequent support.
- Drive the success of one or multiple VMware products across geos. Be the credible and trusted leader of a software delivery team consisting of Product managers, Development, QE and other functional teams to execute the release plan (schedules, dependencies, risks, etc) on time with high quality
- Use your technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify risks, issues and drive their resolution
- Put your stamp on the products you manage through your continuous transformation of the release process. Excellent opportunity to grow in business and technical knowledge .
- Independently and accurately report on the state of your release to executive and other stakeholders. Be the trusted speaker on the state of the release in key checkpoint reviews
- Take your release deliverables live after driving legal compliance and launch activities
- Motivating environment with opportunity to develop into larger role
- Quick Pace, executive exposure, working across all areas of the organization
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5 or more years of previous program and/or project management in enterprise software. Solid understanding of project management principles with passion for delivering high performance, quality software.
- At least 2-3 years of software development work experience
- Exceptional skills influencing, teaming, and delivering solutions in a highly complex and nebulous environment. Fully own your release and drive to completion.
- Experienced in software development and project/program management fundamentals (software development lifecycle and quality processes, such as scoping, costs, schedules, deliverables, change and risk management and mitigation)
- Understanding and exposure to agile framework, SaaS product delivery Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Adaptability to change, comfortable in high pace, ambiguous environment
- General knowledge of Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.)
- Understanding and knowledge of Continuous Delivery process
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top