Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a senior member of the VMC engineering team, you'll be responsible for the design, architecture, and development of high quality, well-architected software products with specific focus on Cloud scale operations, distributed systems, scalability, and SLA guarantees. You'll lead a team and make crucial architectural and road map decisions. You'll interact with business leaders, senior architects, product managers, solution architects and customers to discuss and collaborate on strategies for improving features, operations and to come-up with the future set products.
- Extensive experience of building a large scale distributed systems
- Have experience in delivering multiple gernarations system software in the areas of virtualization, Storage and networking.
- Deep understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage, and networking
- Proficiency and experience with virtualization and application virtualization technologies
- Experience in delivering software at cloud scale.
- Solid Linux background
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- PhD or Master degree in Computer Science from a reputable university
This position is eligible for JoinMIPS ERP campaign
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.