Sr Software Engineer, Quality Automation - Horizon Cloud Services
The world is in the midst of a generational transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is being done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees digital behaviors. This is where we step in.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Our solutions provide every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time.
While VMware is a big company, our billion+ business division feels like a start-up and is fast paced, iterative, exciting and fun. At the core of our business are our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience. Our cloud-based desktop Virtualization solutions are state-of-the-art and will push you to your creative limits. Were a dedicated team that is fanatic about our customers, scale, efficiency, design and quality.
This team is looking for a proven software engineer who can contribute to our Horizon cloud services product, improve its functionality and make it easier for our customers to configure and use our application and desktop remoting solution on the cloud with ease of management and monitoring. The team is very passionate about the work, the product and we are looking for similar passionate, creative and self-motivated engineer who is a quick learner and can deliver on end-to-end responsibility. You should be flexible and willing to work in a constantly changing environment with the right attitude and deliver on our promise to our customers, partners and ourselves.
• Be a significant contributor in a strong engineering team, spanning multiple geographies in a fast paced environment.
• Integration Test design, implementation, execution, debugging and automation using Java
• Breathe, live and champion one or more architectural facets of the product, propose product roadmaps, nurture the migration into a pure cloud world.
• Focus towards the products' architectural goals, ability to take an open-ended problem, architect and design an elegant and comprehensible solution. • Be the champion for attaining a higher quality bar with emphasis on reliable automated tests with continuous integration in an agile environment.
5+ years as a test automation developer and a flair to build cloud solutions and/or microsevices.
• Track record of architecting, designing reusable, high-performant and scalable systems.
• Extensive experience in web technologies like JEE, RESTful APIs, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate frameworks as well as experienced in databases such as Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL.
• Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Quick learner, self-motivated and has the ability to work independently
• You have strong verbal, written communication skills and a collaborative problem solving style. • Bachelors / Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top