Sr. Software Developer, (Full stack developer)
- Boston, MA
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join one of our VMWare Carbon Black Cloud Development teams to build solutions that will help us deliver an industry leading security product to our customers. Join a talented team of developers using a wide variety of latest cloud technologies to solve big problems while partnering with threat researchers who are on the bleeding edge of malware analysis. You'll build solutions that our customers are clamoring for, that will help our customers prevent the next frontpage security breach.
What You'll Do
- Deliver product features in a highly-scalable microservice environment, implemented on AWS.
- Work with technical architects and technical leaders to deliver high quality solutions.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Come up to speed with the current code base and build new features.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver high quality code with tests in place to prevent any regressions. Participate in code reviews.
- Write design specifications and document your work.
- Support existing production code and improve performance and customer experience.
What You'll Bring
- Expertise in building highly scalable and performant, micro-services applications.
- 3+ years of experience of full stack development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner and a team player.
- CI/CD pipelines
- Database experience (SQL, noSQL)
- Agile Software Development
- Git, Kubernetes or docker
- React, Vue.js
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- Terraform or other deployment framework
- Familiar with REST API
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top