Sr Security Engineer
For the second year, VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® leads the WAN Edge Infrastructure market, continuing to be placed furthest in Completeness of Vision and highest in Ability to Execute. VeloCloud, now part of VMware is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud-Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
Do you love to make new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? Then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and assessing all threat vectors impacting our product and the production infrastructure underlying our cloud offering. You will engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of server infrastructure and networks. The development and implementation of processes is also a central aspect of the role, as well as ensuring all compliance requirements are met. You will also manage communication between Security and other teams by educating and providing information required for overall company success.
- Strong security operations experience, including the ability to build tools that assist in the automation of routine tasks.
- Incident response experience including investigation of vulnerability reports, triage, and reproducing issues prior to communicating the findings to Engineering and other relevant audiences.
- In-depth cloud infrastructure security to cover both the control and service planes.
- Familiarity with secure development lifecycle practices and working with Engineering for the proactive integration of security into the development process.
- Experience in distributed, client-facing production environments involving hybrid network topologies (cloud and traditional datacenters).
- Experience in building and/or operating security event information pipelines.
- Strong working knowledge of security fundamentals including authentication, authorization and applied cryptography.
- Experience with compliance & certification programs such as NIST, FedRAMP, PCI, and SOC
- Experience with Linux security assessment tools
- Bug bounty program experience would be a nice-to-have.
- Programming knowledge, ideally Python.
- Understanding of threat landscape including code and OS vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with data privacy and sovereignty regulations
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Excellent presentation and communications skills combined with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Experience managing multiple projects at a time and prioritize
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Team player with can-do attitude
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top