Sr. Program Manager, Business Transformation
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
VMWare's Business Transformation and Automation (BTA) PMO works with key business functions and IT teams to enable new business models, deliver innovative capabilities and process improvement to support VMware's rapid growth. Initiatives span virtually every VMware business domain including Sales, Marketing, Channel Partners, Operations, Support, Finance, M&A, and enabling new Subscription and/or SaaS Business models.
BTA is seeking versatile Senior Business Program Manager to structure and drive the execution of large, cross-functional initiatives of business technology enablement, process and policy improvement, including change management and confirmation of success objective realization. Additional responsibilities include establishing & managing a domain-specific portfolio across all related BTA initiatives.
Job Role and Responsibility:
Planning & Strategy
- Align and engage with stakeholder organizations
- Create charter (including success metrics), program funding request and business case
- Develop Program Strategy, Prioritization and Phasing
Execution: Manage all phases of program through successful delivery
- Program structure & master plan
- Program Office with right-touch governance and communication
- Programmatic communications and key meeting management
- Decision-making, escalation and change request disposition
- Definition and implementation of related policies and processes
- Alignment with other VMware initiatives and dependencies management
Stakeholder/Cross-Functional Team Management
- Identify business resource support requirements & coordinate support
- Manage cross-functional global teams (IT, business, 3rd party vendors, etc.) in a matrix framework
- Establish partnership/advisory relationship with program sponsor and key stakeholders
Change Management & Communications
- Facilitate change management and communication planning and execution through project lifecycle
- Proactively identify, assess and manage program risks and issues
- Drive resolution of conflicts
- Create portfolio view of all initiatives relevant to a specific business domain/organization
- Partner with executive sponsor in driving portfolio strategy
- Become business domain expert across portfolio eco-system
- Identify and manage interdependencies within the portfolio
- Identify BTA Consultancy opportunities
- Ensure a holistic portfolio change plan
- BS/BA degree in Business or Technology-related field (required); MBA or Masters (preferred)
- Project Management certification or equivalent (required)
- Agile Project Management certification or equivalent (required)
- 10+ years program management background
- 7+ years' experience leading major programs in a complex, global corporate setting
- Experience with SDLC, waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with business-related technologies and platforms (eg. SAP, SFDC)
- Ability to drive collaboration across business and technical teams
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Problem-solving attitude to conflicting negotiation skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Process Excellence training (preferred)
- Understanding of Epics and user story management, tracking and reporting.
- Comfortable with the use of tools employed for agile programs like JIRA/Rally, Confluence, Slack etc. for program management.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top