Sr. Product Manager - Workspace One and SDDC
Senior Product Manager
Workspace One Access and SDDC
VMware End User Computing business unit is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join Workspace One Access Product Management team.
We are on a mission to simply and securely deliver and manage any app on any device for any user though our intelligence driven workspace platform. By working on Workspace One Access, you will have an opportunity to secure digital workspace for customers, innovate in the areas of identity and access management, work with best in class engineers, and become part of a truly global and diverse company.
This position is targeted towards integrating Workspace ONE Access product with VMware SDDC on-prem products like vCenter, vRealize Suite and NSX-T and related Identity projects with security, massive scale, high availability, high throughput and low latency in mind.
You have familiarity with identity standards such as SAML, OAuth2, OpenID Connect and SCIM. You understand the concerns around application security and identity in a world that is quickly moving towards a distributed, micro-services-based architecture. You enjoy getting technical and working closely with engineers to ensure the delivered product meets customer requirements. You have experience working across multiple organizations, delivering services that are utilized by multiple product with different goals. You can drive consensus in complex environments and quickly solve and resolve any challenges. Ability to manage expectations and getting things done across BUs will be a plus.
- Lead the ideation and drive the execution of innovative IAM solutions that are recognized in the industry
- Build relationships and partner with engineers to design and deliver valuable and usable software for VMware customers
- Solve, structure, and turn ambiguous problems into a prioritized set of solutions
- Set goals and vision for the assigned product area, drive consensus and agreement across cross functional and partner teams
- Facilitate execution, remove roadblocks, set expectations, and communicate results
- Actively participate in sprints, own, manage and groom product backlog, drive and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Take input from multiple sources and stakeholders and consolidate them into a strategy, product vision and a roadmap
- Be hands on and "in the weeds" type, with an understanding of how things work and constantly suggesting improvements
- 5+ years product management or product design experience in enterprise space
- Prior experience with application security and open identity standards such as OAuth 2, SAML, OpenID Connect and SCIM
- Product management experience across various enterprise product lifecycle stages
- Successful experience working with cross-functional teams and with teams across business units and functions
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize incoming requests and product enhancements
- Proven track record of getting stuff done
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to collect and process data, build reports and drive data driven decisions
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top