Sr. Product Designer - VMware Tanzu
- Denver, CO
Ready to help product teams deliver great customer experiences? So are we. Come join VMware's new exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes. To learn more about Tanzu watch this video. #teamtanzu
As a Sr. Product Designer in VMware's new exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, you will apply your craft on a range of products, services, and experiments. Our culture provides the opportunity to explore the technologies we're researching and investing in. Some of your work will be functional, practical user interaction design, applied to software used by thousands of people. Other work will be speculative, generative explorations that you carry out in partnership across the organization to flesh out, frame, and help prioritize solutions in an ever-evolving and complex problem space.
What you'll be doing
You will be working in the observability group where you will help drive Observability and Reliability outcomes for our customers. Our customers buy VMware Tanzu to quickly deploy that value to their customers via a secure, automated platform backed by enterprise-level support. Observability is the investment that provides customers with confidence in that choice.
In this role, you will research, collate and synthesize user needs to help conceive, define, test and evolve solutions for our users across a range of mediums and experiences. Your portfolio will show that you've worked on challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and Data Visualization Design best practices. In addition, you will be expected to:
- Lead design on a team of multidisciplinary practitioners and help solve big and complex problems from concept to delivery in an agile environment
- Advocate for users and delivering outcomes in a dynamic work environment
- Advocate, mentor, and educate on the benefits of design thinking to product teams and new designers alike
- Bring a systems-thinking lens to the conversation
- Conduct and be familiar with a variety of generative and evaluative research methods
- Finds creative ways to continuously learn from customers
- Help identify new opportunities to solve valuable customer problems
- Craft user-centered artifacts to align teams around the broader user experience
- Design and facilitate co-creation design workshops
- Challenge teams to think bigger and act smaller
- Present work, concepts, and new ideas to cross-functional team members, adjacent teams, and senior leadership
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
We are currently only looking for candidates with extensive experience leading cross-discipline teams and that exemplify leadership.
- We are looking for someone who has the heart of a teacher and can help mentor and train people. Someone who can build and share empathy with people in order to deeply understand them and their needs.
- We are looking for someone who can be a thought leader, undertaking explorations into new technologies and territories while also delivering practical designs in a fast-moving product-driven context
- We are passionate about building teams with a wide variety of experience, backgrounds, and interests
We believe that our customer teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. We're building platforms, tools, and automation, including Tanzu Application Service, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, and Tanzu Mission Control, to enable our customers to easily and confidently develop and run the software that powers their business. Hundreds of companies rely on our platform to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace Extreme Programming (XP) as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean and User-Centered Design as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand and build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top