Sr. MTS/MTS-3- C/C++
- Bangalore, India
The Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU) R&D organization is responsible for vSphere, our Core Virtualization Infrastructure, and Solutions for Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud initiatives. The ideal candidate will have the technical experience to understand the various complex systems that our designs interact with, and can utilize this background to propose, lead and execute on innovative new solutions for these complex problems. Teams within this organization design and implement programming interfaces, frameworks and system software to manage tasks within operating systems (such as Windows, Linux, Mac), virtual machines and containers. Here's an example of system software that the team works on - https://github.com/vmware/open-vm-tools/blob/master/README.md
- Participate and drive technical and design discussions, problem-solving exercises and contribute throughout the product development life cycle.
- Collaborate with project team members and multi-functional product teams to execute on our product goals.
- Develop infrastructure for operating systems, containers and VMware software running inside a virtual machine and hypervisor.
- MS or BE degree in Computer Science or equivalent with five or more years of relevant experience.
- Excellent understanding of operating system concepts, systems level programming and OS internals
- Strong coding skills in C/C++.
- Experience with projects involving significant design and development
- Knowledge in Python, shell, or other scripting languages.
- Must be motivated, detail-oriented, and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and passion for your work.
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Understanding of distributed system concepts.
- Understanding of cloud native technologies such as containers, Kubernetes etc.
- Cross-platform experience is desirable.
- Experience development of user space and kernel modules
- Knowledge of Linux package managers
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top